Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I just got home from a really long and awesome trip...a trip I took for no real reason other than that I am in a bum-state in between an internship and a job/more school and because James wanted to go to the BYU vs Texas football game and because we really like our families and miss the mountains because James racks up the flyer miles so my ticket was cheap and stuff like that.

James and I had two awesome weekends together-one with my family in Colorado and the other with his family in Utah. The weeks in between I just partied hard without James with family and friends. I kept a running total of everywhere we went out to eat. You'll understand why I came home a few pounds heavier:

  • Olive Garden
  • Village Inn
  • Chiles
  • Cafe Rio
  • JDawgs (twice)
  • Zupas
  • Red Butte Cafe
  • The Pie
  • Slab Pizza 
  • L&T's
  • The Fuji House
  • Chick fil A
  • Ruth's Diner
Haha, and that list doesn't even include the four dozen donuts bought throughout the trip, the Costco ice cream bars and Burger King ice cream cones, the 7/11 slurpees, the Lion House Pantry cinnamon roll pull-aparts, BYU brownies and Graham Canyon ice cream, and a handful of other delicious treats. Aw man I LOVE VACATIONS!!!!!! This blog is a huge food confession. Don't worry, now that I'm home I've repented of my ways. Also I can't wait until Christmas.

Labor Day weekend in Colorado was wonderful. We ate out, ate in, played games, watched movies, played tennis, went to the temple, and went to the traditional hot air balloon festival. Here are a few sweet pics we snapped. And by a few I mean....MANY.


  


 

 


 
 







 

 




 



So after enjoying beautiful Colorado and wonderful time with my family, James headed back to work in Michigan and I spent the week in beautiful Utah with more wonderful family and friends.

Like Brooke!!
And Jojo and Jenisy!!
Jenisy is super mom, btw, and her kids are adorable!

And Marci!!
And Morgan and Liza (who is just the cutest pregnant girl) and Sarah Griggs. I hung out in the BYU library until people who were busy having lives came home and had time to hang out with the vacation bum. James flew into Utah for the next weekend with his family and we packed it full of funness. We went to the James Taylor/MoTab/Utah Symphony concert. It was GREAT. And President Monson was there and I can't believe how fast he walks for his age.


Even though no temple is the best, this one actually is.

And of course we went to the football game (BYU vs. Texas) which was postponed by a crazy storm and then resumed in full-BYU-dominating-awesomeness.

James and I thought we'd do a photo shoot while we were waiting for the game to start.





 

 

James left for work again after that weekend and I crammed in a few more fun visits down to Provo and Payson and then was ready to get back to Texas and normal life. That's when you know it's a good vacation-when you've relaxed so much you want to get back to a schedule and cleaning and homework and.....Texas.

I came home reflecting on how richly blessed I was growing up and going to school in such beautiful states and surrounded by loving, fun, and remarkable people. And then I come home to an apartment and a husband that I love and the realization that the blessings just keep coming.

2 comments:

  1. Oh i just love this blog!!! Totally jealous of your trip and the food you ate. You guys look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I have one faithful reader. Thanks for the comment. I should comment more on your blog!

      Delete